LAKE AREA PROFILE
- Lake of the Ozarks has roughly 1,150 miles of shoreline more coastline than the state of California.
- Lake of the Ozarks State Park is the largest in Missouri with 17,741 acres.
- 69% of Missourians who own 2 homes, own one at Lake of the Ozarks.
- Estimated population of permanent residents 113,000.
- Estimated population of non-resident or second-home owner property is 150,000.
- Estimated 70,000 boat docks on Lake of the Ozarks.
- Nearly 100,000 boaters use the lake on a typical summer holiday or weekends.
- The average daily temperature is summer months is 89.7 degrees and the winter averages 45 degrees.
- The apartment vacancy rates are less than 5%.
- Nearly 7 million people resident within 150 miles of The Lake of the Ozarks.
- There are 15 Golf courses in the greater Lake Area.
- There are 5 Airports in the Greater Lake Area.
- The new Highway 54 with traffic count in season averages 43,000 to 50,000 vehicles per day and 33,000 to 37,000 from September thru May.
- Highway 54 traffic count is estimated to exceed 70,000 vehicles per day.
- The Lake Area is located half way between St. Louis and Kansas City.
Camden, Miller and Morgan Counties host some 4,500,000 to 5,000,000 visitors a year..
The Tri-County Lake of the Ozarks area is a vibrant market blessed with a very large affluent retiree population and a robust second-homeowner community coming primary from residences living within 175 miles of the Greater Lake Area. These 45,000 non-resident homeowners visit the lake often along with even more massive annual tourist visitors.
According to the US Census Bureau, the Tri-County Lake Area has an average of 2.66 persons per household, with an estimated full-time occupancy of 46,800 homes bringing the Tri-County full-time population to nearly 111,300.
CALL (573) 693-1300 FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
5780 Osage Beach Parkway | Suite 112 | Osage Beach, MO 65065
3757 Bagnell Dam Blvd | Suite 100 | Lake Ozark, MO 65049